February 27, 2014
In Fall 2013, Outside New York was asked to help formulate a response to the Request for Proposals for development of the Brooklyn Bridge Park Marina. Working with a range of partners in the community, in Brooklyn and outside the region, we developed the winning proposal. In December 2013, the Brooklyn Bridge Park Board of Directors awarded a 30-year concession agreement to our team, led by Edgewater Resources. The scope of services ranged from community outreach to branding and communications. Specific tasks include:
- Analyze Market and Competitors
- Define Critical Team Roles and Recruit Partners
- Formulate Overall Project Strategy: Vision, Plan, Design, Construction, O&M
- Initiate Community Relations
- ID and Engage Potential Interim and Long Term Programming Partners
- Provide Guidance on Marine Best Practices
January 14, 2014
Services provided by Outside New York to produce this project:
- Draft and disseminate Requests for Bids
- Contract with vendors for tug/towing, drydock, metal work, naval architecture and other services;
- Draft and submit City, State and Federal Permit Applications;
- Provide all other services as needed to ensure quality product delivered on time.
September 17, 2013
The (Almost) 5th Annual Hoboken Pizza Derby was held October 5, raising $1,000 for two local charities. As founding sponsor, Outside New York is grateful for the best turnout (and maybe weather?!?) ever! Read more about it over at the Pizza Derby Blog.
Dana Lockett Harrison of Musicology 4 Kids and The Fuzzy Lemons performed for us. Thank you Dana! @dlharrison37
June 12, 2013
Outside New York thanks the Consulate General of the Netherlands in New York for their collaborative spirit in supporting the rebuilding and resiliency for Greater New York and New Jersey following Superstorm Sandy.
In 1953 a storm swelled out of the North Sea and over more than 60% of the Netherlands. In the decades since they have made tremendous investments, including a complex water management and flood control system. It hasn’t happened again. In 2013, their government signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development to help establish a framework for sharing their experience with communities in New York and New Jersey, building on the goodwill established in their effort to assist post-Katrina New Orleans.
Services provided by Outside New York to help advance this collaborative project:
- Produce a set of communications tools including a report, fact sheets, SWOT analysis, maps and Powerpoint presentation;
- Analyze federal funding authorizations and appropriations;
- Develop a framework for potential collaborations between governments, businesses, academic and community partners in the Netherlands and the U.S.
- Establish and strengthen connections between academic, business, community, and government stakeholders.
August 7, 2012
Services provided by Outside New York to help develop this project:
• Grantwriting and fundraising efforts yielding over $4M in capital and operating funds
• Long range planning to secure the Lease of the space and potential future phases of growth
• Organize and oversee initial phase of on-water student programs at Governors Island
• Project Management to bridge program needs of the school with physical requirements of a NYC Department of Education Lab space
• Bring together school staff and project designers to ensure the building can function as a center for the Harbor School’s Aquaculture, SCUBA, Vessel Operations and Boat Maintenance programs
May 30, 2011
Illustration by Christina Sun
“A new computer. Summer clothes. A better desk chair. Your cup of coffee. Tonight’s dinner. How all that stuff gets from factory to front door is largely a mystery to most people – unless you happen to be stuck behind a truck on your way home.”…
Check out the full article at the Architectural League of New York’s blog Urban Omnibus.